Sunday, January 30, 2011

The Cheese Steak Shop

The Cheese Steak Shop
http://www.cheesesteakshop.com/
(336 words)






















I had made plans to eat a sandwich for lunch on saturday because sandwiches are:
1.) Delicious
2.) American
3.) Make me feel Good

However, the place I wanted to go(Kerri's Kafe) to wasn't open on Saturday. Neither were the 3 other delis that I searched yelp for. Disaster. So what to do? Cheese Steak Shop to the rescue!

I drove downtown to check the place out. After parking I had to walk a couple blocks to get there. I stopped outside of "Philly Style Cheese Steaks". The place looked derelict and rather unappetizing. Then I recalled thinking that the cheesesteak place I found on yelp didn't mention anything about Philadelphia. So this crappy looking place couldn't be correct.

Indeed it wasn't, The Cheese Steak Shop was across the street. It was crowded, a good sign.

My roommate locked himself out of the apartment so I had to get my sandwich to go.

I got the 10" classic cheesesteak with hot and sweet peppers. I also got a large side of curly fries. The sandwich was super tasty. The meat was tender and flavorful without being overly greasy or drippy. The cheese was nice and melted and there wasn't so much as to make a mess while biting the sandwich. The bun was soft yet firm (al dente I suppose) and sturdy enough to keep everything together.

The curly fries looked better than they tasted. I wouldn't call them gross however. Their texture was excellent, crispy on the outside and soft and dense on the inside. The issue was their lack of flavor. They needed a good shake of salt. I was glad they provided ranch to dip fries in.

All in all my meal was tasty. I found out there's a Cheese Steak House much closer to where I live so I'll be dropping by there sometime. I'd rather eat there than bring it back home.



No comments:

Post a Comment